Welcome to my blog.

The idea here is to keep track of the important things, that I would otherwise forget, disregard or ignore.

I expect the content to be mostly knitting related. I'm way jel of my internet knitting friends who have humongous lists of accomplishments.

I'm sure I'm accomplished. I just can't remember how. ;-)

Thursday, February 07, 2013

Today is my ninth day of the pre-op fast.  Here are things I am sick of: shakes, the sound of the blender, salad, water, not having dinner with my family*, not going out to dinner with friends**, having to prepare my lunch (salad).

Also.  Who thought having WLS the week of Valentine's Day was a smart idea?  Actually who even considered the consequences of it?  Certainly not I! ***

I have to admit I haven't really been suffering from the diet, until yesterday.  Luckily (not) I came down with a cold on the first day of my little adventure.  I guess I'm getting better because my appetite is back!  Crap.  
Yesterday I ate a salad big enough to feed a family of four.  No kidding. I was too embarrassed to even photograph it.  Then I went out and did two tiny little errands.  When I got home I fell into a digestive coma!!  I slept 3 hours on the couch, with a dog for comfort... literally paralyzed by roughage.

 Here is what I have to deal with:  Newsday cover today.


The Chew  All chocolate day!


And this is what I get!  This is today's.  Yesterdays was much bigger!   :-(

*  I tried waiting until dinnertime to have my salad.  Not a good idea.
** Can't remember the last time we went out to dinner with friends.  Can't afford little luxuries.
*** OMG!  Chocolate here(as in the media)!  Chocolate there !!  Chocolate everywhere but for me!!!  :-(


No comments:

Post a Comment